Do birds get cold feet?

Day 4

I always thought the song was Four Calling Birds,
 but it is actually Colley Birds, which are blackbirds.
  There's your holiday trivia for the day!
Photo by Lena Pautina

Today we're going to continue to make sure our beloved readers are comfy and cozy while they read.   Yesterday we warmed their hands and hearts with fingerless gloves.  Today we're talking about frozen toes.  As I'm still exhausted from my three hour battle with my possessed Christmas tree, I'm going to make this brief.

Frozen toes are bad.

Why not channel Martha Stewart and make your own felted elf slippers?  Like these:

Click here for directions to make Martha's felt-tastic slippers


Completely kidding!  Unless you want to try it, and then, please take pictures and let me know how that goes for you in the comments section.  I am all for making your gifts by hand, but according to some of the comments attached to the instructions, these little babies are not as simple as Martha would like us all to believe.

Instead of performing acupuncture on your own fingertips while sewing Martha's crazy slippers, I suggest you buy toasty-toed slippers for all your reader friends.  Like some of these:

Oatmeal Felted Crocheted Ballet Slippers with Recycled Buttons

Pawfelts Felted Woolen Anklet Slipper Socks
And for those with particularly chilly feet, try these microwavable slippers.  I think it is amusing and horribly wrong that these are cute little animals that you put in the microwave.  Don't let the kids see you or they may have nightmares a la Gremlins (Remember that part?  I was afraid of our microwave for a year after watching a Gremlin roast in the microwave).

Polar Bear Microwaveable Slippers

Finally, the slippers that my husband would find funny.  Killer Rabbit slippers from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.  There's not a whole lot to say about these, as they pretty much speak for themselves.
Run Away!!!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts