Finally, Jewelry

Day 5
All that Glitters . . .
Photo by Pramod K Mahanand
pkmahanand.deviantart.com


A few months ago I wrote about a ring that a friend made.  The most perfect ring (besides my wedding band and my engagement ring and the ring forged in the fires of Mount Doom . . .) that helped me to break free of a rut.  Margin Release.  My extraordinary friend made the ring out of a typewriter key.  While I believe Margin Release is the very best key on a typewriter, and it belongs to me (I alone possess The Precious), there are many other keys available for turning into wearable reminders of what we love - literature.

My friend has a few (only a precious few) rings left (okay, I swear, no more Lord of the Rings references).  If you live in Durham, North Carolina, you can find her at The Goldenbelt on E. Main Street.  Her work is top notch and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm slightly (okay, hugely) addicted to it.

Pen Nib Cuff Links at Writer's Pond
You can find other typewriter jewelry at The Writer's Pond.  They sell necklaces and pens made with your choice of typewriter letter keys.  They also have key chains made from Scrabble tiles and fountain pen tip cuff links.  Kinda cool.


Reader's Charm Bracelet
Eat, Sleep, Read Books 

by ALikelyStory

Of course, Etsy has some beautiful stuff.  Search Literary Jewelry and you'll find more typewriter jewels, a whimsical "Drink Me" bottle necklace for escaping down your own rabbit hole, more Scrabble tiles, quotes from many classic authors, book shaped pendants, charm bracelets and some truly unique literary finds.  My heart races when I look at all this beautiful, hand-crafted and very well-versed jewelry.

Literary Classic Pg. 131 Necklace






These necklaces, from underglass, made by binding old snippets of books together are the most creative I found.  They are on sale right now - The 12 Days of Christmas sale to be exact.  Serendipity?  I think, yes.  Although, every piece I looked at on Etsy (and there were 550 items) would be perfect for the reader you love.




For the Shakespeare lover, check out Shakespeare's Den and this "To Thine Own Self Be True" necklace.
"To Thine Own Self Be True" Mobius Pendant

In the spirit of Shakespearean asides, I've got a funny one - I get my general blog pictures from Stock Exchange.  I love finding the pictures and sharing artists work from around the globe with you all.  For today's post, I searched for "gold rings."  My search brought up pages of photos of jewelry.  And this:
Photo by Rodolfo Clix

Comments

Popular Posts