Valentine's Poetry Word List

Photo by Martin Boose
www.promicabana.de

Holy cow!  I love you guys.  I said send me words and you did.

You sent words that need Cliff's Notes in order to be used in making poetry.

Here is your list:

shenanigans
scamooch - as in "move it!"
fustigate - to beat with a club or criticize harshly
salubrious - heathly or health-giving
dupa - Polish (possibly Czech too) for ass
quagmire - a situation that is difficult to get out of
epicure - devoted to sensual pleasure
plethora - lots and lots
examination - as in room where you visit the doctor, but you can of course use poetic license
poppyseed
Ballyhoo!! (yes, it needs two explanation marks following the word!!)
schwanger - German word for pregnant
gratitude - as in thanks so much for playing along everyone!

Now, go.  Be free.  Make poetry.

I'll post mine tonight after I get a chance to figure a few out.  You post yours in the comments below by Friday.  Winner will be selected randomly and announced on Saturday!  You don't have to have left a word to enter.  Just post a poem using some of the words above.  Everyone can play.

For now I'll leave you with this:

My salubrious dupa brings all the boys to the yard.
And their like
It's better than yours,
Ballyhoo!! It's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But a plethora, I have to charge.

Flippin' brilliant if you say it to the tune of Kelis's Milkshake.  I crack myself up.


There's always time for shenanigans!

Comments

Popular Posts