And the Winner is . . .

Photo by Clare Parkinson

Me!

I'd like to thank all the little people.  So much easier to crush on my way up than the big people.  Thank you.

I'll be winning my own pasta and eating it too.  Which saves me on postage, I suppose.

No one felt the muse at work?  Your muses are all on holiday together.  Bet they went on some fabulous muse cruise.  Look!  I'm still making poetry!

Thanks for sending in the words.  Switching genres for a little while broke me out of a writing funk.  I love writing fiction, and blogging is fun too, but poetry normally scares the bejezus out of me.

I always feel that I'm missing out on something when I read or write poems.  It's like I'm the outsider in an inside joke or the only kid on the block not invited to the party.  But, writing it this time around forced me think about language and phrasing and imagery in a whole new way.  Turned out to be a real plethora of fun.

So, I accept this award on behalf of poemaphobic people across the globe.  Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts