All Things Teal--Heart to Heart


The month of September and All Things Teal on Styled to a T is almost at an end. Here's a look at Tabbatha's friend Joanie's story. It's never easy to say goodbye to loved ones, so sometimes we just have to say, "Talk to you later." If you haven't read them already, you can find the first two posts in this series: For My Em and It Whispers by clicking the links.


Joanie and her sister Janie
I'd like you to meet my friend, Joanie. She loves her cats, her coffee, and her kids. Her new favorite role is being the Redheaded MeMe to Ollie, her grandbaby. Her faith is strong and so is her commitment to ovarian cancer awareness. She watched her twin sister, Jane, fight this horrible disease.

What I've learned from Joanie is that time doesn't really soften the blow of losing a loved one. It only makes it grow. And often, when we're desperately missing our loved ones, the best thing we can do is talk to them, just as we did in life—heart to heart. When I asked Joanie to share her story, she felt the best way to do that was to show us how we can stay connected with our loved ones that have passed.

In Memory of My Twin Sister
by Joanie Guilkey

This is in memory of my twin sister (Jane Younce) who was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer 6-years ago, who fought a courageous battle during her sickness but eventually was called by our precious Heavenly Father to join him in heaven.

So many times I have thought about you, wanting to hear your voice so that we could chat about our favorite movies, which books we enjoy, our children and about life or just sit and laugh over a cup of coffee.....I know without a doubt and within my heart, there are days when you are truly with me giving me the strength to say what is in my heart when the time is right. The following lyrics have been in my head (and heart) for so long, and now I know why: 




Joanie gave this painting to
Janie. It hangs in Joanie's home
now and reminds her of her
beautiful sister every day.
With one more look at you
I could learn to tame the clouds and let the sun shine through
Leave a troubled past behind and I might start anew
I'd solve the mysteries if you're the prize
Refresh these tired eyes
With one more look at you
I might overcome the anger that I've learned to know
Find a piece of mind I've lost long ago
Your honesty has made me strong again
And I belong again
For when you look at me,
I'm everything and more than I had dreamed I'd be
My spirit feels a promise I won't be alone
I'll love and live more, love and live...for ever.....evermore
With one more look at you
I'd learn to change the stars and change our fortunes too
I'd have the constellations paint your portrait too
So all the world might share this wondrous sight
The world could end each night…..
With one more look at you...with one more look at you…
I....want....one...more.....look at you

Love you Janie..........save me place in Heaven with you.

Comments

Popular Posts