Mountain High

Went to the mountains. The cabin had no hot water, a mouse and three leaks in the roof (one of which dripped onto the bed my daughter was sleeping soundly in). It rained. A lot. And it was cold.

But, my daughter inadvertently found the hook for a story I've been trying to write for a year now, and my son fell out of his chair laughing at my husband at dinner on the last (and very rainy) night, and my husband read a book for pleasure, and while I was waiting in line at a gas station to pay for my coffee, I got to celebrate with a man who won two dollars in a lottery game (he was super excited). So - all in all - I'd say it was a really good trip.


Comments

  1. I can totally see you celebrating a $2 lottery ticket win with a cup of coffee in your hand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lotto guy:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts