Welcome Wanderers

Thanks to Margaret for sending me over the edge into the land of the Blog.

I've been toying with the idea of a more permanent blog for a while now. As some of you know, I have begun unashamedly calling myself a writer. To which, I am then asked, "Oh, are you published?" and I quickly and with just a touch of permafrost in my voice reply, "I don't think that's any of your business." Thing is that I am not a published writer and may never be, but that doesn't stop me from being a writer at my core and so - I write.

Last month I finished up a year-long enterprise of training, fundraising and talking nearly constantly about the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk in Washington, DC. In an effort to prepare for this, I began a blog to keep my supporters involved in the journey. I got great responses from that blog but figured that once the event ended, so would the blog. Thing is that I kind of miss it. And, even better, I know for a fact that some of you miss it too because you've been kind enough to email me and tell me to get off my duff and start something new. So, here it goes.

Most of my inspiration for the pieces to come on this blog will be things I come across in my very ordinary daily life. You'll see what I mean when you read the first official post (no, this isn't it - this is just my long winded way of saying welcome). Don't look for great poetry and masterful prose here (I'm saving that for the publishers - unless, of course, you are a publisher and then, call me because we have GOT to talk!). This is just the stuff of life because for me, writing is just that - a big old messy part of the life that I am leading.

So, welcome back old friends and hello to new ones. Send me your thoughts and ideas and wanderings too. Never know when you'll find yourself in a story.

Comments

  1. YAY!! and welcome to the blog world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Looking forward to following. Thought about you this week. Will send you an email and tell you why. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts