Happy Birthday to Charlie + Charlotte



I had a birthday recently. Yep. I'm another year older and wiser, but let's not go too far and say I'm mature or anything. I spent the day moving a pair of fake teeth around my house and texting photos of them to my husband and friend. 

Because it was funny. That's why.

FYI: the teeth were mine! Well, a mold of mine because I recently got a new night guard. I'm a special sort of stress case that likes to clench her jaw even while she sleeps. 

And when the dentist gave them to me he was like, "I'm not sure what you'll do with them, but..."

Oh, I'll think of something, Dr. Kong. Don't you worry.

But today the birthday fun continues. Today is the French book birthday of Charlie + Charlotte

FYI: I didn't have anything to do with the new (and awesome) French title. It is my guess that the title was changed because Love and Other Unknown Variables may not translate into French well. Which makes me wonder how "flamingo ass pink" fared in translation.

Woo hoo! France, baby!!

FYI: I once spent the summer in France on a cattle farm in Bretagne, way outside of Renne. It was an amazing summer. The family that hosted me was beyond kind and so generous. They took me all over Brittany, to landmarks and festivals and visiting with family and friends. Beautiful summer. And I don't have a long list of regrets in my life, but losing touch with them afterward is definitely on that list.

FYI: I don't know why I keep doing these FYI asides, but I can't stop myself which is more evidence of the immaturity thing, I'm sure.

This blog post is to say, Salut les amis! Thank you for welcoming Charlie and Charlotte to France. And thank you to Pocket Jeunesse for this beautiful book.

And to beg forgiveness for forgetting most of the French I learned in high school! I wish I could tell all my new French readers how much they mean to me in their own language. Know that I LOVE seeing pictures and posts and am doing my best to translate everything you're saying.

Thank you! Merci!

Comments

Popular Posts