Formal apology to Blog

Photo by Rachel Bostwick

Dear Blog,

I apologize for letting you languish these seven months. I was laboring under the misconception that you were suffering from an identity crisis. I thought:
Maybe with a little space, Blog can figure out who she is and what she's trying to say. 

I am an idiot.

You aren't having an identity crisis. You are a bunch of code. You already knew that though, didn't you?

You don't care if we talk about writing, mothering, wife-ing, reading, or lemon pound cake. It's all the same to you.

I was projecting my insecurities on you. I apologize. As I've noted, I can be slow to understand things because of the idiot-ism I sometimes suffer.

Thing is, Blog, I'm proud we can't be forced to wear only one hat. That'd be terribly boring. We are many things all at once (which does not necessarily mean we suffer from late-onset ADD, although I haven't ruled it out).

So forgive me for trying to make you into something you are not. You are a blog.

You are a wanderer.

Wander on,
S

Comments

Popular Posts