Beautiful things

Photo by Vasant Davehttp://twitter.com/Meluhha

Lately, things in my life have been . . . er . . . . um . . . crappy.  Not as crappy as others' lives, I'm sure.  But pretty craptastic for me.  Today I got an email that brightened my day a little.  Let me share.

As you know, I am a big fan and supporter of Better World Books (bestest online bookseller. in my opinion).  Better World Books helps reduce waste by recycling and re-selling used books they collect.  They fund literacy programs worldwide through those sales.  And now, with Book for a Book, they are partnering with Feed the Children here in the U.S. and Books for Africa to distribute books to kids with little or no access to them.  So every time we buy a book at Better World Books, they'll donate a book to these organizations.  Pretty cool, hunh?

Thing about my life right now is that I think I'm supposed to be learning about appreciating the very small, itsy bitsy, eenie weenie things in life.  The big picture?  Oh, that's a mess for sure.  But, the little stuff, the really good stuff, is all there waiting for me to stop and be grateful for it.

Like a book in the hands of a child.  That is truly a beautiful thing.  Better World Books is helping make this world a much more beautiful place.  And for that, I am grateful.

Watch and be inspired.


Book for Book™ by Better World Books from Better World Books on Vimeo.



Comments

Popular Posts